Unchecked Presidential Powers are plastered on the walls of American history:
- Prior to Watergate - FDR's Sumner Welles Situation;
- Truman's Steel Seizure; Eisenhower's U-2 Incident;
- JFK's Lady Friends; and
- LBJ's Bobby Baker Investigation.
Even with its lessons, Watergate did not stem the tide - Goldwater vs. Carter; Reagan's Iran-Contra; Clinton's Impeachment and Pardon Powers; Bush/Cheney & Iraq; and Obama's Imperial Presidency.
Rest assured that the constitutional restrictions on the office will be tested again! The future may be uncertain, but your enjoyment of this fascinating discussion is guaranteed to stimulate your civic consciousness and invigorate your passion as a champion of the rule of law!
- The role of the lawyer as pubic citizen and guardian of the Constitution
- Executive Power: Article II
- Article II's nomination and appointment clause for Supreme Court Justices
- How Roe v. Wade really came about