NEGOTIATION LESSONS FROM THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL
• The history making U.S./Iran negotiations forms the crucible from which Marty Latz evaluates the most critical features of this momentous negotiation.
• Latz applies the same templates comprising his "Golden Rules" of negotiation to determine what went right, where our approach was flawed, and why.
• Marty Latz's overriding lesson is that the same negotiation techniques and principles are applicable whether one is embroiled in a major international dispute or in the everyday settlements that the average lawyer encounters. This is exactly why the value of these lessons to a lawyer cannot be overestimated.
TEN BENEFITS ATTENDEES WILL LEARN
1. Negotiation Mistakes the U.S. Made - and How You Can Avoid Similar Ones
2. How the U.S. Weakened its Leverage
3. The Impact of Deadlines and How to Manage Them
4. Strategies to use in Multi-Party Multi-Cultural Negotiations
5. The Benefits of NOT Having Authority to Negotiate
6. The Power of Rapport-Building
7. Ways to Explore Common Interests in Highly Adversarial Settings
8. Tactics to Deal with Untrustworthy Counterparts
9. Methods to Manage the Impact of 3rd Parties on Negotiations
10. Strategies to Evaluate if an Agreement is "Fair"